Medvedgrad brewery pubs are best known pubs in Zagreb. You can taste their own beer served in all of their 4 locations:
- Ilica Street 49 – true beer oasis in a very center of the city. It has big green terrace that is an excellent place for running away from a city rush.
- Adžijina Street 16 – vintage European atmosphere rules over this comfortable local pub that makes each guest feel pleasant. This is one big living room for the whole neighbourhood.
- Mali Medo (Tkalčićeva Street 36) – small part of brewery charm in a center of Zagreb. Located in one of the most visited streets in Zagreb, it represents the vivid touristic spot.
- Samoborska Street 217 – placed next to the brewery, outside the city center, but only 15 minutes away from it. Rustic interior will thrill you.
Medvedgrad Brewery produces beer for more than 2 decades. It’s natural, non filtered, clean and without additives, produced in a traditional way, in cooperation with Czech Beer Institute. Besides beer, they make their own sausages, greaves pastry and rolls plus the menu always offers wide variety of domestic dishes that are prepared with ingredients bought on Zagreb’s marketplaces – from local producers.
These pubs are well known for beer, of course. One interesting story for you: The news about good beer the Medvedgrad brewery makes were spread throughout Croatia thanks to the students who drank the beer while studying in Zagreb. The brewery cooperates with Faculty of Economics (University of Zagreb) where they educate students in elective course Brewery Medvedgrad – consumer attention. Plus, They cooperate with homebrew community.
Medvedgrad brewery pubs offer 5 constant beers and 6 seasonal. But don’t just enter and run away with the beer in your hand – take your time because the atmosphere in their pubs is excellent. They often organize live concerts like gipsy swing, jazz, Irish and traditional Croatian music concerts. The good thing is that they don’t have target guests – all are welcome to enjoy in the pleasant atmosphere.
Brewery’s name and also names they give to their beer are directly related to tales and Zagreb’s history. Visit the pubs and find out more. Here are some interesting facts:
- Medvedgrad brewery is the oldest Zagreb’s craft brewery
- They are pioneers in craft brewing in Croatia
- They have produced the first Croatian wheat beer (Two ears of corn)
- They have produced the first Croatian IPA beer (Fakin)
- The brewery produce the strongest Croatian beer – it has 7.5% alcohol (Grich witch)