Zagreb Advent 2014
During the Advent season there is so much to do and see in Zagreb. Lobagola B&B presents you a few things you can't miss if you'll be spending your Christmas holidays in the Croatian capital.
- Advent on Zrinjevac
- In December the most popular park in Zagreb, Zrinjevac, becomes a beautiful winter wonderland. White lamps, stalls offering traditional food and drinks, Christmas souvenirs, great music every evening...definitely worth a visit!
- More info about the program is available here.
- Ice skating on King Tomislav Square
- If you're in the mood for ice skating, this December King Tomislav Square will become a huge ice park- a great venue not just for ice skating, but for enjoying great food and music in the evening.
- The ice park will be open from 5th December 2014 to 18th January 2015.
- Advent on the main square
- Although Ban Josip Jelačić Square is a meeting hotspot throughout the year, hanging around the main square during December is a 'must'! At this time of year it becomes a great venue for many music, cultural and art events and performances. Of course, all that is accompanied by homemade food and drinks in the Advent House.
- Fooling around by the funicular
- This cultural and gastronomic event takes place in Tomićeva ulica, the street known for the shortest funicular in Europe. This time of year, the street becomes filled with people, food stalls, Christmas souvenirs... Feel free to fool around by the funicular from 26th November to 31st December!
- Be sure to check the schedule before fooling around!
- Classical music at Flower Square
- All of you who want to brush up on your waltz moves stop by at Flower Square (or Cvjetni trg) where classical and jazz music will surely warm you up during cold winter days. Various events are announced in the period from 6th to 20th December 2014.
- Advent on European Square
- This year's novelty 'AdvEUnt - European Advent' is taking place at European Square, only a few steps from the main square. It offers yet another rich Advent event: from music performances, exhibitions and expert guides, to film screenings.
- Check their program on their Facebook page.